06-16-2015: Find @goodbye_normal on Instagram for a giveaway!
It’s that time of the year again. Here are some favorites of mine:
1. Just Porter: A pack that gives back – High-quality backpacks that have great design and functional qualities. For each backpack purchased, Just Porter manufactures a “give bag” filled with school supplies for a child in need. These give bags are manufactured locally and the supplies are purchased from local markets, promoting a sustainable solution in the areas they give. We love the Piko for daily commuting. Look for our full review in the coming weeks. Get it on Amazon.
2. SWAP Socks: Mismatch for a purpose – Purposely mismatched socks that come in packs of 4. They serve as an eye-catching, wearable statement and reminder to support the movement to end preventable blindness. Each (HIGH QUALITY) pack gives you the freedom to swap styles around, and create 6 unique pairs to choose from. Each pack sold funds an eye care service for a person in need. Buying socks for Father’s Day can be cool. (Read our full review here and use code 25OFFNEW for 25% off new orders!)
3. SOCO Hammocks: Kick back give back – I gifted Calvin an ENO last year but learned about SOCO a few months ago. After the cost of the hammock and straps, the cost and quality for both end up being about the same. However, the setup for SOCO is faster and the straps (made in USA) provide six more feet of hanging capability vs. ENO Atlas straps. Lastly, SOCO gives 10% of sales back to non profit organizations. Our full review is coming soon but you should get one now. Get it on Amazon.
4. Drink for Good: Cause bottles – Each bottle represents a unique cause and proceeds from every sale go to different charities. All bottles are bpa-free, made of recycled materials and made in the USA. The designs speak for themselves. A couple of our favorite cause bottles are adoption and recovery.
5. Sanuk: Never uncomfortable – We’ve got a busy summer of camping and trips upon us so Calvin was looking for a great pair of slip on shoes that were comfortable. He loves wearing TOMS but needed something with a little bit more support. We landed on the Casas ($55) and he’s loving them so far…in a month or so we’re going to give an update on how they hold up. Get it on Amazon. Ladies, while you’re at it, pick yourself up some Yoga Slings, I love ’em!
6. Dropcam: Simple video monitoring – A great indoor camera that literally takes minutes to set up. The phone app can notify you of sound or motion detection if you are away from home in addition to having a great night vision feature. If this was available years ago, we would’ve even considered using this as a baby monitor and not have to get rid of it after the baby stage. Get it on Amazon. (You can read a full review via At Home in the Future)
7. Fitbit Flex: Set a goal and go – Among my friends, this seems to be the most popular model. This slim, stylish device tracks steps, distance, and calories burned and shows you how you’re stacking up against daily goals. At night, it tracks your sleep cycle, helps you learn how to sleep better, and wakes you silently in the morning. Access your stats anytime on your computer, tablet or smartphone. You can even compete with friends and family. Get it on Amazon.
8. Keysmart: Less keychain bulk – This one’s pretty simple. Put your keys into a swiss army style holder made out of aircraft grade aluminum. Be aware that it won’t hold your car keys or any others with a big rubber piece attached to it. Also, don’t get the 2-4 key default model because it’s too small, you want to at least add the 2-10 key option. There are other add-ons available, such as USB drive and bottle opener. Bonus fact, these are also made in the USA. Get it on Amazon.