We’ve been back in Nashville for three days now. Three days. That almost seems impossible, I feel like I’ve been away from baby boy for a year. I’m waking at 4 or 5am each day and I’m starting to wonder how long I can actually handle being his mom from across the ocean. Obviously I can handle it, I have to, but I would much prefer to handle this season well. As I lay in bed this morning I created a list. A list that I am now going to document on the internet. (That makes me accountable you know.) Here it is:
Before Liam comes home we will accomplish the following:
1. Deep clean of entire house. Including closets!
2. Organizing craft supplies for the kids. Making a system that will actually work. I’m thinking shower caddies.
3. Sell all furniture in the master bedroom and re-furnish using only the $$ earned from selling the original furniture. (I hate our bedroom) It has never felt relaxing to me, time to fix that!
4. Get Liam and Elliott’s room ready for two boys. Find clothing in Liam’s size. Organize dressers accordingly.
5. Spend a ton of time doing fun stuff with E and C. I love them and they keep me sane.
6. Tackle new projects at work. Think way outside the box.
7. Give away anything unnecessary in the house. Sell things that are worth something and put it toward second trip Ethiopian plane tickets.
8. Do something with the wall over the leather couch. It’s really bothering me.
9. Express thanks more often and deeply.
10. Encourage others who are in this process.