The house sale and search has been quite dramatic. Our home sold in under 3 weeks and we were left scrambling to find the right new home for our family. In addition, the day after the offer on our house was made I headed off to Haiti. Leaving Calvin to deal with the whole offer, counter offer madness WHILE caring for 3 kids 4 and under. Also… he had to find us a new house. He did an amazing job and balanced everything well. He even secured us a new home, a great fixer upper. Just like we wanted.
Then we had the inspection.
We were planning on putting A LOT of work into the new home. But a few issues such as water intrusion and mold helped us make the decision to walk away from the house. We now had only a few days to find a house and secure a contract. The very next day I noticed a new house had appeared in the MLS listings. The pictures and price were super appealing to me so I called my friend and realtor to book a showing that same day.
I loved the house from the curb, but when I walked in I saw this:
BRICK FLOORS! I have always always dreamed of having brick floors. In fact, I was planning to install them in the new house. It was a sign. I held my breath hoping the rest of the house would pan out.
Well, It did. We quickly put in an offer and began the stomach churning wait to see if we would get the house. I hate wanting anything, especially wanting something this badly. But alas, I had already envisioned my children in this home. I was gone. The wait was worsened by the knowledge that another offer had been submitted from another potential buyer as well. Blech. During all this waiting I realized that the pre-k program our kids are scheduled to attend was quite a distance from the new house. I looked into nearby programs knowing fully that they would not have openings… school starts Monday. But I called any way. I inquired about 3 spots, 3 different ages. The director, was quiet for a moment. Then she said “you aren’t going to believe this but I only have 3 spots open and they are in your requested ages, someone dropped out of the program yesterday.” What!! At this point we didn’t know if the house would be ours but I took this as a strong sign and registered all 3 in the very last-minute spots. Six minutes later we got a call. The house was ours!
That wasn’t luck friends. I believe that, for some reason, we are going to be right where God wants us. So we are on the alert, ready to respond to whatever task we may have in this new area, this new house.
And it’s pretty exciting.